#25. Furqaan *SURAH*
In the name of Allah Most Gracious Most Merciful
1. Blessed is He Who sent down the Criterion to His servant that
it may be an admonition to all creatures
2. He to Whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth:
no son has He begotten nor has He a partner in His dominion: it
is He Who created all things and ordered them in due proportions
3. Yet have they taken besides Him gods that can create nothing
but are themselves created; that have no control of hurt or good
to themselves; nor can they control Death nor Life nor
4. But the Misbelievers say: "Naught is this but a lie which he
has forged and others have helped him at it." In truth it is they
who have put forward an iniquity and a falsehood
5. And they say: "Tales of the ancients which he has caused to be
written: and they are dictated before him morning and evening."
6. Say: "The (Qur'an) was sent down by Him Who knows the Mystery
(that is) in the heavens and the earth: verily He is
Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful."
7. And they say: "What sort of an apostle is this who eats food
and walks through the streets? Why has not an angel been sent
down to him to give admonition with him?
8. "Or (why) has not a treasure been bestowed on him or why has
he (not) a garden for enjoyment?" The wicked say: "Ye follow none
other than a man bewitched."
9. See what kinds of companions they make for thee! But they
have gone astray and never a way will they be able to find!
10. Blessed is He Who if that were His will could give thee
better (things) than those Gardens beneath which rivers flow; and
He could give thee Palaces (secure to dwell in)
11. Nay they deny the Hour (of the Judgment to come): but We have
prepared a Blazing Fire for such as deny the Hour
12. When it sees them from a place far off they will hear its
fury and its raging sigh
13. And when they are cast bound together into a constricted
place therein they will plead for destruction there and then!
14. "This day plead not for a single destruction: plead for
15. Say: "Is that best or the eternal Garden promised to the
righteous? For them that is a reward as well as a goal (of
16. "For them there will be therein all that they wish for: they
will dwell (there) for aye: a promise to be prayed for from thy
17. The Day He will gather them together as well as those whom
they worship besides Allah He will ask: "Was it ye who led these
my servants astray or did they stray from the Path themselves?"
18. They will say: "Glory to Thee! not meet was it for us that we
should take for protectors others besides Thee: but Thou didst
bestow on them and their fathers good things (in life) until they
forgot the Message: for they were a people (worthless and) lost
19. (Allah will say): "Now have they proved you liars in what ye
say: so ye cannot avert (your penalty) nor (get) help." And
whoever among you does wrong him shall We cause to taste of a
20. And the apostles whom We sent before thee were all (men) who
ate food and walked through the streets: We have made some of you
as a trial for others: will ye have patience? For Allah is One
Who sees (all things)
21. Such as fear not the meeting with Us (for Judgment) say: "Why
are not the angels sent down to us or (why) do we not see our
Lord?" Indeed they have an arrogant conceit of themselves and
mighty is the insolence of their impiety!
22. The Day they see the angels no joy will there be to the
sinners that Day: the (angels) will say: "There is a barrier
forbidden (to you) altogether!"
23. And We shall turn to whatever deeds they did (in this life)
and We shall make such deeds as floating dust scattered about
24. The Companions of the Garden will be well that Day in their
abode and have the fairest of places for repose
25. The Day the heaven shall be rent asunder with clouds and
angels shall be sent down descending (in ranks)
26. That Day the dominion as of right and truth shall be (wholly)
for (Allah) Most Merciful: it will be a day of dire difficulty
for the Misbelievers
27. The Day that the wrongdoer will bite at his hands He will say
"Oh! would that I had taken a (straight) path with the Apostle!
28. "Ah! woe is me! would that I had never taken such a one for a
29. "He did lead me astray from the Message (of Allah) after it
had come to me! Ah! the Evil One is but a traitor to man!
30. Then the Apostle will say: "O my Lord! truly my people took
this Qur'an for just foolish nonsense."
31. Thus have We made for every prophet an enemy among the
sinners: but enough is thy Lord to guide and to help
32. Those who reject Faith say: "Why is not the Qur'an revealed
to him all at once?" Thus (is it revealed) that We may strengthen
thy heart thereby and We have rehearsed it to thee in slow
well-arranged stages gradually
33. And no question do they bring to thee but We reveal to thee
the truth and the best explanation (thereof)
34. Those who will be gathered to Hell (prone) on their faces
they will be in an evil plight and as to Path most astray
35. Before this We sent Moses the Book and appointed his brother
Aaron with him as Minister
36. And We commanded: "Go ye both to the people who have rejected
Our Signs": and those (people) We destroyed with utter
37. And the people of Noah when they rejected the apostles We
drowned them and We made them as a Sign for mankind; and We have
prepared for (all) wrongdoers a grievous Penalty
38. As also `Ad and Thamud and the Companions of the Rass and
many a generation between them
39. To teach one We set forth parables and examples; and each one
We broke to utter annihilation (for their sins)
40. And the (Unbelievers) must indeed have passed by the town on
which was rained a shower of evil: did they not then see it (with
their own eyes)? But they fear not the Resurrection
41. When they see thee they treat thee no otherwise than in
mockery: "Is this the one whom Allah has sent as an apostle?"
42. "He indeed would well-nigh have misled us from our gods had
it not been that we were constant to them!" Soon will they know
when they see the Penalty who it is that is most misled in Path!
43. Seest thou such a one as taketh for his god his own passion
(or impulse)? Couldst thou be a disposer of affairs for him?
44. Or thinkest thou that most of them listen or understand? They
are only like cattle; nay they are worse astray in Path
45. Hast thou not turned thy vision to thy Lord? how He doth
prolong the Shadow! If He willed He could make it stationary!
Then do We make the sun its guide:
46. Then We draw it in towards Ourselves a contraction by easy
47. And He it is Who makes the Night as a Robe for you; and Sleep
as Repose and makes the Day (as it were) a Resurrection
48. And He it is Who sends the Winds as heralds of glad tidings
going before His Mercy and We send down purifying water from the
49. That with it We may give life to a dead land and slake the
thirst of things We have created cattle and men in great numbers
50. And We have distributed the (water) amongst them in order
that they may celebrate (Our) praises but most men are averse (to
aught) but (rank) ingratitude
51. Had it been Our Will We could have sent a warner to every
center of population
52. Therefore listen not to the Unbelievers but strive against
them with the utmost strenuousness with the (Qur'an)
53. It is He Who has let free the two bodies of flowing water:
one palatable and sweet and the other salt and bitter; yet has He
made a barrier between them a partition that is forbidden to be
54. It is He Who has created man from water: then has He
established relationships of lineage and marriage: for thy Lord
has power (over all things)
55. Yet do they worship besides Allah things that can neither
profit them nor harm them: and the Misbeliever is a helper (of
Evil) against his own Lord!
56. But thee We only sent to give glad tidings and admonition.
57. Say: "No reward do I ask of you for it but this: that each
one who will may take a (straight) Path to his Lord."
58. And put thy trust in Him Who lives and dies not; and
celebrate His praise and enough is He to be acquainted with the
faults of His servants
59. He Who created the heavens and the earth and all that is
between in six days and is firmly established on the Throne (of
authority): Allah Most Gracious: ask thou then about Him of any
acquainted (with such things)
60. When it is said to them "Adore ye (Allah) Most Gracious!"
they say "And what is (Allah) Most Gracious? Shall we adore that
which thou commandest us?" and it increases their flight (from
61. Blessed is He Who made Constellations in the skies and placed
therein a Lamp and a Moon giving light
62. And it is He Who made the Night and the Day to follow each
other: for such as have the will to celebrate His praises or to
show their gratitude
63. And the servants of (Allah) Most Gracious are those who walk
on the earth in humility and when the ignorant address them they
64. Those who spend the night in adoration of their Lord
prostrate and standing
65. Those who say "Our Lord! avert from us the Wrath of Hell for
its Wrath is indeed an affliction grievous
66. "Evil indeed is it as an abode and as a place to rest in"
67. Those who when they spend are not extravagant and not
niggardly but hold just (balance) between those (extremes)
68. Those who invoke not with Allah any other god nor slay such
life as Allah has made sacred except for just cause not commit
fornication and any that does this (not only) meets punishment
69. (But) the Penalty on the Day of Judgment will be doubled to
him and he will dwell therein in ignominy
70. Unless he repents believes and works righteous deeds for
Allah will change the evil of such persons into good and Allah is
Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful
71. And whoever repents and does good has truly turned to Allah
with an (acceptable) conversion
72. Those who witness no falsehood and if they pass by futility
they pass by it with honorable (avoidance)
73. Those who when they are admonished with the Signs of their
Lord droop not down at them as if they were deaf or blind:
74. And those who pray "Our Lord! grant unto us wives and
offspring who will be the comfort of our eyes and give us (the
grace) to lead the righteous."
75. Those are the ones who will be rewarded with the highest
place in heaven because of their patient constancy; therein shall
they be met with salutations and peace
76. Dwelling therein how beautiful an abode and place of rest!
77. Say (to the rejecters): "My Lord is not uneasy because of you
if ye call not on Him but ye have indeed rejected (Him) and soon
will come the inevitable (punishment)!"
Back To Index Page