#52. Tuur *SURAH*
In the name of Allah Most Gracious Most Merciful
1. By the Mount (of Revelation);
2. By a Decree Inscribed
3. In a Scroll unfolded;
4. By the much-frequented Fane;
5. By the Canopy Raised High;
6. And by the Ocean filled with Swell
7. Verily the Doom of thy Lord will indeed come to pass
8. There is none can avert it
9. On the day when the firmament will be in dreadful commotion
10. And the mountain will fly hither and thither
11. Then woe that Day to those that treat (truth) as Falsehood
12. That play (and paddle) in shallow trifles
13. That Day shall they be thrust down to the Fire of Hell
14. "This" it will be said "is the Fire which ye were wont to
15. "Is this then a fake or is it ye that do not see?
16. "Burn ye therein: the same is it to you whether ye bear it
with patience or not: Ye but receive the recompense of your (own)
17. As to the Righteous they will be in Gardens and in Happiness
18. Enjoying the (Bliss) which their Lord hath bestowed on them
and their Lord shall deliver them from the Penalty of the Fire.
19. (To them will be said:) "Eat and drink ye with profit and
health because of your (good) deeds."
20. They will recline (with ease) on Thrones (of dignity)
arranged in ranks and We shall join them to Companions with
beautiful big and lustrous eyes
21. And those who believe and whose families follow them in Faith
to them shall We join their families: nor shall We deprive them
(of the fruit) of aught of their works: (Yet) is each individual
in pledge for his deeds
22. And We shall bestow on them of fruit and meat anything they
23. They shall there exchange one with another a (loving) cup
free of frivolity free of all taint of ill
24. Round about them will serve (devoted) to them youths
(handsome) as Pearls well-guarded
25. They will advance to each other engaging in mutual enquiry
26. They will say: "Aforetime We were not without fear for the
sake of our people
27. "But Allah has been good to us and has delivered us from the
Penalty of the Scorching Wind
28. "Truly we did call unto Him from of old: truly it is He the
Beneficent the Merciful"
29. Therefore proclaim thou the praises (of thy Lord): For by the
Grace of thy Lord thou art no (vulgar) soothsayer nor art thou
30. Or do they say "A Poet! we await for him some calamity
(hatched) by Time!"
31. Say thou: "Await ye! I too will wait along with you!"
32. Is it that their faculties of understanding urge them to this
or are they but a people transgressing beyond bounds?
33. Or do they say "He fabricated the (Message)"? Nay they have
34. Let them then produce a recital like unto it if (it be) they
speak the Truth!
35. Were they created of nothing or were they themselves the
36. Or did they create the heavens and the earth? Nay they have
no firm belief
37. Or are the Treasures of thy Lord with them or are they the
managers (of affairs)?
38. Or have they a ladder by which they can (climb up to heaven
and) listen (to its secrets)? Then let (such a) listener of
theirs produce a manifest proof
39. Or has He only daughters and ye have sons?
40. Or is it that thou dost ask for a reward so that they are
burdened with a load of debt?
41. Or that the Unseen is in their hands and they write it down?
42. Or do they intend a plot (against thee)? But those who defy
Allah are themselves involved in a Plot!
43. Or have they a god other then Allah? exalted is Allah far
above the things they associate with Him!
44. Were they to see a piece of the sky falling (on them) they
would (only) say: "clouds gathered in heaps!"
45. So leave them alone until they encounter that Day of theirs
wherein they shall (perforce) swoon (with terror)
46. The Day when their plotting will avail them nothing and no
help shall be Given them
47. And verily for those who do wrong there is another punishment
besides this: but most of them understand not
48. Now await in patience the command of thy Lord: for verily
thou art in our eyes: and celebrate the praises of thy Lord the
while thou standest forth
49. And for part of the night also praise thou Him and at the
retreat of the stars!
Back To Index Page