#56. Waaqia *SURAH*
In the name of Allah Most Gracious Most Merciful
1. When the event inevitable cometh to pass
2. Then will no (soul) entertain falsehood concerning its coming
3. (Many) will it bring low (many) will it exalt
4. When the earth shall be shaken to its depths
5. And the mountains shall be crumbled to atoms
6. Becoming dust scattered abroad
7. And ye shall be sorted out into three classes
8. Then (there will be) the Companions of the Right Hand what
will be the Companions of the Right Hand?
9. And the Companions of the left hand what will be the
Companions of the Left Hand?
10. And those Foremost (in Faith) will be Foremost (in the
11. These will be those Nearest to Allah
12. In Gardens of Bliss
13. A number of people from those of old
14. And a few from those of later times
15. (They will be) on Thrones encrusted (with gold and precious
16. Reclining on them facing each other
17. Round about them will (serve) youths of perpetual (freshness)
18. With goblets (shining) beakers and cups (filled) out of
clear- flowing fountains:
19. No after-ache will they receive therefrom nor will they
20. And with fruits any that they may select
21. And the flesh of fowls any that they may desire
22. And (there will be) Companions with beautiful big and
23. Like unto Pearls well-guarded
24. A Reward for the Deeds of their past (Life)
25. No frivolity will they hear therein nor any taint of ill
26. Only the saying "Peace! Peace."
27. The Companions of the Right Hand what will be the Companions
of the Right Hand?
28. (They will be) among lote trees without thorns
29. Among Talh trees with flowers (or fruits) piled one above
30. In shade long-extended
31. By water flowing constantly
32. And fruit in abundance
33. Whose season is not limited nor (supply) forbidden
34. And on Thrones (of Dignity) raised high
35. We have created (their Companions) of special creation
36. And made them virgin-pure (and undefiled)
37. Beloved (by nature) equal in age
38. For the companions of the Right Hand
39. A (goodly) number from those of old
40. And a (goodly) number from those of later times
41. The Companions of the Left Hand-what will be the Companions
of the Left Hand?
42. (They will be) in the midst of a fierce Blast of Fire and in
43. And in the shades of Black Smoke
44. Nothing (will there be) to refresh nor to please
45. For that they were wont to be indulged before that in wealth
46. And persisted obstinately in wickedness supreme!
47. And they used to say "what! when we die and become dust and
bones shall we then indeed be raised up again?"
48. "(We) and our fathers of old?"
49. Say: "Yea those of old and those of later times
50. "All will certainly be gathered together for the meeting
appointed for a Day Well-known
51. "Then will ye truly o ye that go wrong and treat (Truth) as
52. "Ye will surely taste of the Tree of Zaqqum"
53. "Then will ye fill your insides therewith"
54. "And drink Boiling Water on top of it"
55. "Indeed ye shall drink like diseased camels raging with
56. Such will be their entertainment on the Day of Requital!
57. It is We Who have created you: why will ye not witness the
58. Do ye then see? The (human seed) that ye throw out
59. Is it ye who create it or are We the Creators?
60. We have decreed Death to be your common lot and We are not to
61. From changing your Forms and creating you (again) in (Forms)
that ye know not
62. And ye certainly know already the first form of creation: why
then do ye not celebrate His praises?
63. See ye the seed that ye sow in the ground?
64. Is it ye that cause it to grow or are We the Cause?
65. Were it Our Will we could crumble it to dry powder and ye
would be left in wonderment
66. (Saying) "We are indeed left with debts (for nothing)"
67. "Indeed are we shut out (of the fruits of our labor)"
68. See ye the water which ye drink?
69. Do ye bring it Down (in rain) from the Cloud or do We?
70. Were it Our Will We could make it salt (and unpalatable):
then why do ye not give thanks?
71. See ye the Fire which ye kindle?
72. Is it ye who grow the tree which feeds the fire or do We grow
73. We have made it a memorial (of our handiwork) and an article
of comfort and convenience for the denizens of deserts
74. Then celebrate with praises the name of the Lord the Supreme
75. Furthermore I call to witness the setting of the Stars
76. And that is indeed a mighty adjuration if ye but knew
77. That this is indeed a Qur'an most honorable
78. In a Book well-guarded
79. Which none shall touch but those who are clean
80. A Revelation from the Lord of the Worlds
81. Is it such a Message that ye would hold in light esteem?
82. And have ye made it your livelihood that ye should declare it
83. Then why do ye not (intervene) when (the soul of the dying
man) reaches the throat
84. And ye the while (sit) looking on
85. But We are nearer to him than ye and yet see not
86. Then why do you not if you are exempt from (future) account
87. Call back the soul if ye are true (in your claim of
88. Thus then if he be of those Nearest to Allah
89. (There is for him) Rest and Satisfaction and a Garden of
90. And if he be of the Companions of the Right Hand
91. (For him is the salutation) "Peace be unto thee" from the
Companions of the Right Hand
92. And if he be of those who treat (truth) as Falsehood who go
93. For him is Entertainment with Boiling Water
94. And burning in Hell-Fire
95. Verily this is the Very Truth and Certainty
96. So celebrate with praises the name of thy Lord the Supreme
Back To Index Page