#67. Mulk *SURAH*
In the name of Allah Most Gracious Most Merciful
1. Blessed be He in Whose hands is Dominion: and He over all
things Hath Power
2. He Who created Death and Life that He may try which of you is
best in deed and He is the Exalted in Might Oft-Forgiving
3. He Who created the seven heavens one above another; no want of
proportion wilt thou see in the Creation of (Allah) Most Gracious
so turn thy vision again: Seest thou any flaw?
4. Again turn thy vision a second time; (thy) vision will come
back to thee dull and discomfited in a state worn out
5. And We have (from of old) adorned the lowest heaven with Lamps
and We have made such (Lamps) (as) missiles to drive away the
Evil Ones and have prepared for them the Penalty of the Blazing
6. For those who reject their Lord (and Cherisher) is the Penalty
of Hell: and evil is (such) destination
7. When they are cast therein they will hear the (terrible)
drawing in of its breath even as it blazes forth
8. Almost bursting with fury: every time a Group is cast therein
its Keepers will ask "Did no Warner come to you?"
9. They will say: "Yes indeed: a Warner did come to us but we
rejected him and said `Allah never sent down any (Message): ye
are in nothing but an egregious delusion!'"
10. They will further say: "Had we but listened or used our
intelligence we should not (now) be among the Companions of the
11. They will then confess their sins: but far will be
(Forgiveness) from the Companions of the Blazing Fire!
12. As for those who fear their Lord unseen for them is
Forgiveness and a great Reward
13. And whether ye hide your word or publish it He certainly has
(full) knowledge of the secrets of (all) hearts
14. Should He not know He that created? And He is the One that
understands the finest mysteries (and) is well-acquainted (with
15. It is He Who has made the earth manageable for you so
traverse ye through its tracts and enjoy of the Sustenance which
He furnishes: but unto Him is the Resurrection
16. Do ye feel secure that He Who is in heaven will not cause you
to be swallowed up by the earth when it shakes (as in an
17. Or do ye feel secure that He Who is in Heaven will not send
against you a violent tornado (with showers of stones) so that ye
shall know how (terrible) was My warning?
18. But indeed men before them rejected (My warning): then how
(terrible) was My rejection (of them)?
19. Do they not observe the birds above them spreading their
wings and folding them in? None can uphold them except (Allah)
Most Gracious: truly it is He! that watches over all things
20. Nay who is there that can help you (even as) an army besides
(Allah) Most Merciful? In nothing but delusion are the
21. Or who is there that can provide you with Sustenance if He
were to withhold His provision? Nay they obstinately persist in
insolent impiety and flight (from the Truth)
22. Is then one who walks headlong with his face grovelling
better guided or one who walks evenly on a Straight Way?
23. Say: "It is He Who has created you (and made you grow) and
made for you the faculties of hearing seeing feeling and
understanding: little thanks it is ye give."
24. Say: "It is He Who has multiplied you through the earth and
to Him shall ye be gathered together."
25. They ask: When will this promise be (fulfilled)? If ye are
telling the truth.
26. Say: "As to the knowledge of the time it is with Allah alone:
I am (sent) only to warn plainly in public."
27. At length when they see it close at hand grieved will be the
faces of the Unbelievers and it will be said (to them): "This is
(the promise fulfilled) which ye were calling for!"
28. Say: "See ye? If Allah were to destroy me and those with me
or if He bestows His Mercy on us yet who can deliver the
Unbelievers from a grievous Penalty?"
29. Say: "He is (Allah) Most Gracious: we have believed in Him
and on Him have we put our trust: so soon will ye know which (of
us) it is that is in manifest error."
30. Say: "See ye? If your stream be some morning lost (in the
underground earth) who then can supply you with clear-flowing
Back To Index Page