#71. Nooh *SURAH*
In the name of Allah Most Gracious Most Merciful
1. We sent Noah to his People (with the Command): "Do thou warn
thy people before there comes to them a grievous Penalty."
2. He said: "O my People! I am to you a Warner clear and open:
3. "That ye should worship Allah fear Him and obey me:
4. "So He may forgive you your sins and give you respite for a
stated Term: For when the Term given by Allah is accomplished it
cannot be put forward if ye only knew"
5. He said: "O my Lord! I have called to my People night and day
6. "But my call only increases (their) flight (from the Right)."
7. "And every time I have called to them that thou mightest
forgive them they have (only) thrust their fingers into their
ears covered themselves up with their garments grown obstinate
and given themselves up to arrogance.
8. "So I have called to them aloud"
9. "Further I have spoken to them in public and secretly in
10. "Saying `Ask forgiveness from your Lord; for He is
11. "`He will send rain to you in abundance"
12. "`Give you increase in wealth and sons; and bestow on you
Gardens and bestow on you Rivers (of flowing water).
13. "`What is the matter with you that ye place not your hope for
kindness and long-suffering in Allah
14. "`Seeing that it is He that has created you in diverse
15. "`See ye not how Allah has created the seven heavens one
16. "`And made the moon a light in their midst and made the sun
as a (Glorious) Lamp?"
17. "`And Allah has produced you from the earth growing
18. "`And in the End He will return you into the (earth) and
raise you forth (again at the Resurrection)?"
19. "`And Allah has made the earth for you as a carpet (spread
20. "`That ye may go about therein in spacious roads.'"
21. Noah said: "O my Lord! they have disobeyed me but they follow
(men) whose wealth and children give them no Increase but only
22. "And they have devised a tremendous Plot"
23. "And they have said (to each other) abandon not your gods;
abandon neither Wadd nor Suwa neither Yaguth nor Yauq nor Nasr
24. "They have already misled many; and grant Thou no increase to
the wrongdoers but in straying (from their mark)."
25. Because of their sins they were drowned (in the flood) and
were made to enter the Fire (of Punishment): and they found in
lieu of Allah none to help them
26. And Noah said: "O my Lord! Leave not of the Unbelievers a
single one on earth!
27. "For if Thou dost leave (any of) them they will but mislead
thy devotees and they will breed none but wicked ungrateful ones.
28. "O my Lord! Forgive me my parents all who enter my house in
Faith and (all) believing men and believing women: and to the
wrongdoers grant Thou no increase but in Perdition!"
Back To Index Page