#75. Qiyaamat *SURAH*
In the name of Allah Most Gracious Most Merciful
1. I do call to witness the Resurrection Day;
2. And I do call to witness the self-reproaching spirit; (eschew
3. Does man think that We cannot assemble his bones?
4. Nay We are able to put together in perfect order the very tips
of his fingers
5. But man wishes to do wrong (even) in the time in front of him
6. He questions: "When is the Day of Resurrection?"
7. At length when the Sight is dazed
8. And the moon is buried in darkness
9. And the sun and moon are joined together
10. That Day will Man say "Where is the refuge?"
11. By no means! No place of safety!
12. Before thy Lord (alone) that Day will be the place of rest
13. That Day will man be told (all) that he put forward and all
that he put back
14. Nay man will be evidence against himself
15. Even though he were to put up his excuses
16. Move not thy tongue concerning the (Qur'an) to make haste
17. It is for Us to collect it and to promulgate it
18. But when We have promulgated it follow thou its recital (as
19. Nay more it is for Us to explain it (and make it clear)
20. Nay (ye men!) but ye love the fleeting life
21. And leave alone the Hereafter
22. Some faces that Day will beam (in brightness and beauty)
23. Looking towards their Lord
24. And some faces that Day will be sad and dismal
25. In the thought that some back-breaking calamity was about to
be inflicted on them
26. Yea when (the soul) reaches to the collar-bone (in its exit)
27. And there will be a cry "Who is a magician (to restore him)?"
28. And he will conclude that it was (the Time) of Parting
29. And one leg will be joined with another
30. That Day the Drive will be (all) to thy Lord!
31. So he gave nothing in charity nor did he pray!
32. But on the contrary He rejected Truth and turned away!
33. Then did he stalk to his family in full conceit!
34. Woe to thee (O man!) yea woe!
35. Again woe to thee (O man!) yea woe!
36. Does Man think that he will be left uncontrolled (without
37. Was he not a drop of sperm emitted (in lowly form)?
38. Then did he become a leech-like clot; then did (Allah) make
and fashion (him) in due proportion
39. And of him He made two sexes male and female
40. Has not He (the same) the power to give life to the dead?
Back To Index Page